View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3961055)   #217
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so who gets top marks from testing this year?

RacingPoint with their Merc clone seem to have the pace to challenge for the occasional podium which really cant be good news for RB (or for Ferrari depending on how far they have fallen). obviously Merc with DAS is also a standout. Renault i think deserves some credit (which i dislike having to admit) as they looked much better by the end of testing then they had at the beginning of the test sessions.

Mclaren, Alfa, and Alpha all seemed very prepared and the midfield battle looks to be even tighter this year.

all in all though, i think i give top marks to Williams. while i think they will squarely be in the mid field they are the feel good story for me. that they actually got to give Merc flack for poor engine reliability made them sound like a real team for the first time in a long time. that was nice.

Ferrari, obviously get the worst marks. of course it remains a possibility that they are sand bagging, their attempts to dampen expectations and then the settlement to end the week is at the least a very poor start to the season.

but overall, everyone looked to have done well and maybe for the first time in a while i think this season is very much going to come to what drivers can do with their machinery....that probably sounds like a cliche bu i am looking forward to seeing Perez, Ric, Sainz or Nando, and Russell steal a few podiums!