View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2020, 01:58 (Ref:3961382)   #4794
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighParker View Post
I don't know if all of the current sponsors who fill the trackside suites at the Toronto IndyCar event would necessarily follow if the race left the city for a place in the middle of nowhere. And would Mosport be willing and able to do anything to attract urban/suburban spectators who I think must comprise some reasonably large part of the present crowd in Toronto, where "Anyone attending the event is advised to take public transit"?

Mosport wants people in RVs paying to camp there for the weekend. Anything that would facilitate spectators more easily arriving and leaving on the same day is probably seen by them as being counterproductive and something to be discouraged (or least not encouraged, whether they would publicly acknowledge it or not). I certainly don't ever recall them doing anything like this, and I think they might recoil in horror at the suggestion.
Rally named official bus rideshare partner of seven Speedway Motorsports, Inc. tracks
Completely agree with all of this. The key to the Toronto Indy is that it's in an area well served by public transit.

(Now everybody can leap in and complain about diminishing attendance, etc. etc. etc.).

I really can't see the race ever moving. If the city chooses not to renew the contract one day, my guess is it will just die rather than move. Green Savoree already has three other events, after all. I would be very sad, though.