Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3964776)   #857
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's what I mean. It's 24/7 cancel everything. I remember the swine flu. That supposedly affected over 60 million people in the US alone and had over 12k deaths. That was also a global pandemic. I just don't recall the same wire to wire coverage of that and the absolute shut down of everything with any form of a crowd. I want it to be over so life and motorsport can get back to normal. It's especially not easy for me and mine with the location I'm in because of the (imo) unwarranted panic buying and shutting down of nearly everything besides department stores.

I know that safety comes first but something has changed from the last time one of these types of viruses was on the world scene.
Swine Flu had a CFR of 0.1% - 0.5%.

Currently Italy is seeing a CFR of upwards of 5%. One estimate was 7%.

Whilst panic buying and 24/7 coverage is stupid, it is absolutely the right call to start shutting stuff down. If the experts say this is serious, I'm going with the experts.