View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3971535)   #1709
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be a blessing.

I openly discussed on social media recently how it has taken this situation to make rights holders force themselves to take online seriously, basically to try and keep themselves viable, and make minimal return money during lockdown.

What is has made people realise I hope is how much of a rip off most behind paywall motorsport can be. Yes there will always be those that will prefer to pay to watch stuff, that is undeniable, I don't get it, but some folk are like that.

But, the way drivers, especially have become so much more involved with fans with esports etc, makes me think that trying to hide all that behind paywalls is impossible. It might not be everyone's cup of tea obviously.

the amount of old f1, MotoGP races I have watched for free recently is funny. I would never dream of paying money to watch say the Monaco 96 race, I would find a way to watch it free.

Yet, watching it with the thousands of others, you wonder, if you did this routinely, imagine how many people you COULD get into the sport perhaps, any motorsport.

Instead of just blankly, giving people snippets, posting 2 minute clips on social media and expecting people to sign up for months as a result.

It is dumb and I do hope more people cancel sports subs as it is not the drivers or teams or even tv companies that want it, It is the rights holders alone who makes these decisions and it is NEVER for the good of the sport, the drivers, the public, it is always, ALWAYS about money.