View Single Post
Old 12 May 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3975641)   #366
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Why is anyone interested in broadcasting a typical club event , especially on the cheap? I was at the CSCC event , and I can see why it cost a decent amount - but that was a well publicised and well supported event with months of planning. But nobody will watch a ten lap club race shot on two iphones - why bother? Who watches ? The 27 people who turn up to most Croft Saturdays ? Just hold the event and allow a gradual return to normal as time permits - but no need for TV at all
Yes, I think the idea of 'running the event behind closed doors but it will be broadcast' idea is for events that would attract large numbers of spectators which obviously cannot be happening at the moment. So, having the meeting broadcast enables this 'large number of spectators' to still watch the GP, BTCC, WEC or whatever.
If it's a club meeting that would have only attracted a handful of hardy enthusiastic spectators, then unfortunately for them, at the moment they're not going to be allowed in because of social distancing regulation, but the meeting could still be run.
That's the way I see it anyway, but just my personal opinion.