View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3982358)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Project CARS 2 is perhaps the most accessible of all the sims. It's getting pretty arcade now, but it's really not terrible. It does have a lot of bugs when you get into career mode though, same as the original. I'm pretty sure this has a good Le Mans.

ACC is pretty amazing overall. Has good AI. Full Blancpain series. Wet weather is great, sound and physics are lovely. But it is challenging. There's currently no Le Mans for it, but it has the full IGTC which is fun.

rFactor 2 is perhaps the most adaptable. So moddable that you can get any cars you want for it. I recommend CART Factor, since I did half the work on it. There is Le Mans versions for it obviously.

Anything by Reiza Studios tends to be extremely good too. They do slightly more unusual cars compared to other sims too. I was a texture artist for Reiza Studios - the cars in Game Stock Car 2013, Formula Truck 2013 are all mine and were carried through into the later games. I highly recommend Reiza titles. Le Mans is available as a mod.

iRacing has by far the best online system. Pickup racing in iRacing is miles ahead of anything thanks to the safety systems. But it's not cheap. Some of the content is quite old too. But the online system is second to none. In fact, the gap between its online system and everything else is massive. It has Le Mans, and as always it's pretty damn accurate.

I'm doing this weekends Le Mans 24 Hours in the LMP2 class. We did the Le Mans 6 hours last weekend and it was epic. I've done the VLN and N24 events this year too.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 16 Jun 2020 at 17:30.