Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3990042)   #466
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't know much about pre 80s Ferrari, but other than the 2 titles in the 1980s, isn't almost every Ferrari title won under non-Italian management? When Todt and Brawn ran the team? There were a couple in 07/08 when McLaren were busy infighting, but it's always struck me as Ferraris best years were when Italians were not running the team?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Jean Todt was hired as Ferrari's General Manager in July 1993 and they finished 4th that year in the WCC, with second place in 1994 and 5. However it wasn't until Ross Brawn followed Schumacher to Ferrari and Rory Byrne joined at the end of 1996, did Ferrari's fortunes really change and the rest, as they say, is history.
Luca was in charge of the company though and while Todt and Brawn would have been more responsible for the race team itself i would imagine the majority of department heads and employees would still have been Italian doing things in 'Italian' ways.

but if the person at the top defines the structure then one could likewise say that an Italian (Flavio) took a French/British team to two titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We'll see now what the future holds for Ferrari, who will be next in line to do the job
in fairness, im not sure what i think of Binotto. all accounts suggest that his job is safe which means it cant be safe!!!

Todt had Luca, Horner has Marko, Toto had Lauda (which must have been a tremendous mentorship)...

recently, Ferrari has had a string of team principles, none of whom seemed to have any legacy support at all and all ultimately seemed lost or overwhelmed by the job...if Michael had not gotten hurt i wonder if he could have been their guy? i have no idea if team principle or mentorship role was one Schumi ever saw for himself though.