Thread: BATHURST 2020
View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2020, 07:30 (Ref:4008958)   #20
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
But yeah, I'm more thinking how quickly the fast guys at the front will catch the slower cars and have to get passed them again. Not really fixing anything, only delaying the mix up of fast and slower drivers.
How quickly will that happen though? What is the difference in lap time between a front runner and back marker in the series?

Given the other options, would they have been preferable:
Don't release the lapped cars, and be criticised for having them mixed with the faster cars on the re-start?
Release the lapped cars, but keep the rest of the field behind the SC for longer and be criticised for holding up racing?