Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2020, 13:07 (Ref:4009154)   #208
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Mmm....

Simple truth is unless you are an experienced race team with lots of skilled resource then building a new car can simply be building a bit of a dog.

Outside of Dynamics, WSR and Motorbase we've not had any consistent championship challengers in recent years (I've not included BMR as they're not around as such - though AS credits them for their work on the Infiniti). Of course I could have forgotten someone, I regularly do...

PMR, Speedworks and Ciceley have all built race winners. RAR achieved wins too. But most other builders simply didn't.

Conversely BTC and AmD did very well utilising cars designed and built by Dynamics.

I've no idea how much a shiny new Civic from Dynamics costs, but it will be at the pointy end if good people engineer and drive it and there is suitable budget.

New build of a car from scratch? Probably quite a bit cheaper, but you need people capable of design, build and engineering it, plus a driver with car development skills.

You pays your money... my first port of call would be a chat with that nice Mr Neal.