Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2020, 18:48 (Ref:4012258)   #104
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You're NEVER getting Code 60 here under the current safety rules and requirements. It's not happening, give it up. I've yet to see a series that uses it where EVERYONE is cheating and investigations are rampant. Hey half the time with F1 sensors and VSC someone is investigated. The safety requirements for US insurance aren't going to allow that ever, insurance wants zero risk not low risk.

GTLM teams want no part of being on track with GTD traffic before race any more than they have to. There's enough traffic in practice to get a feel for it.

Teams like Laguna, California always sells during "normal" times. You can get big money people trackside much easier there than Mid-Ohio. This year is expected as there are only 3 teams left and 1 is only enduro and the other not starting has said they aren't interested as they're eliminated from winning.

1. Creventic and I think WEC have done this in their US based races (COTA) in the past. LMP3 cars being there might prevent us getting the fantastic Daytona 24 hour races we got in 2018 and 2020. It is important that if a team works hard over the course of 2 hours to build a 1 minute lead that it does not get artificially erased due to some bodywork from a car being out on the track.

2. If there is just 2 GTLM teams between 4 cars in 2021. Then they may not have much of case to have the whole 15 minute time trial session be given to themselves. Besides the GTD cars in the shootout will have the pros. So it should not be as bad. And as the year goes on the number of GTD teams electing to run the shootout session should decrease.

3. The scenarios that attracted just 1 LMP2 team to Laguna this might very well still apply in 2021 to anybody in that class specifically. Especially when the event is a one-off in the west coast. LMP2 is not going to Long Beach remember. Laguna is still on the sked of course. Just making the case here to consider switching that round.

-Also having 5 classes now will make the pit lane set up and the pit stop procedures in the safety cars a cluster (another point for #1 above...won't have to deal with that as much with code 60). As far as IMSA Radio guys go. Hindy for sure on my side of the issue. I think BroadRun96 that Jeremy Shaw is more on your side.