Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2020, 13:35 (Ref:4012791)   #113
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
If any US race series can get insurance for how they operate their pitlanes (in particular NASCAR and IndyCar) then I'm pretty sure Code 60 isn't a problem

It's all about "THE SHOW", that's why you get things like wave arounds
But for something like IMSA..."The Show" is seeing the strategies play out, witnessing that strategy and hard work pay off with a 30 second lead over 2 hours, seeing teams get penalized for mistakes and mechanical problems, seeing and hearing the cars at speed. This is not NASCAR or Indy Car. Not a quasi spec series here. The term "THE SHOW" I think is from that perspective. But I think a lot of us prefer sportscars or IMSA because it is NOT nascar or indy car. I wish series management took that perspective too.

The best races are the ones that naturally playout to its conclusion which sometimes ends up with cars real close. Lime Rock in 2019 is a great example. 2021 season is a great chance to recognize the points I mentioned. Something like Code 60 will reduce the frequency of confusing pit stop procedures, wave around, and the overall interruption of the race. And remember I am just saying use it for stalled cars and debris. Keep the safety car periods for accidents and inclement weather.

Last edited by WyldStallion; 25 Oct 2020 at 13:41.