View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4014529)   #348
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You do raise that good point that others have also raised though - after Kvyat and Gasly they are trying to be more patient. But if all they're doing is adding patience and the result is the same when what else is going on at Red Bull?

I know it's fine to say Vettel, Ricciardo and Max turned out well, but still seems like a terrible success rate really? And even Vettel, the only driver to win titles with them, jumped ship when he smelt he was becoming number 2. We all put it down to Danny being better than Vettel, but then Danny did the exact same thing - felt the winds change and moved on.

So yeah sure Kvyat, Gasly and Albon have all failed in that #2 position. But Vettel and Danny also jumped out of that seat as quickly as they could. Why?

The real shock will come is if they put someone else in that seat and they give Max a run for his money. I'm willing to bet Christian ADHD Horner will forget to text Max goodnight every night after that and he'll have a new favourite.
More than any other team, you're either a part of the "in crowd" or not at Red Bull. Not just the drivers. Look at the way they threw a snide comment at Renault every chance they could, with no regard for the powerplant that gave them four world championships. Honda have been cut much more slack when their lump has let the team down.

At the moment, I think Alex Albon is the exception to that rule because RB can see that they look too mercenary in the eyes of the public, so they want to appear more supportive. (And probably they can't see an alternative that would be better for the remainder of the season.)