Thread: Picture Puzzles
View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2020, 04:35 (Ref:4015306)   #365
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
....... What is so special with me, something making me a precursor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The year of confusion, with a strange average of each drivers times to count in qualifying. The organisers allowed more cars to start than originally planed. The last car on the grid was a Porsch 911 that went on to win the GT Class.
Thierry Perrier and Roger Carmillet.

What was so special ws I think the car ran on an ethanol mix fuel. In line with a new French Government initiative for new fuels the ACO incorporated a challenge for 'new fuels' and the #93 car was the only car running on any type of new fuel.

After the race Raymond Gouloumès , the President of the ACO at the time, greeted Thierry Perrier who he said was the only one who "had the guts to take up the challenge of ethanol ..."

Last edited by E.B; 7 Nov 2020 at 04:48. Reason: Added picture