View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2020, 13:06 (Ref:4019073)   #2222
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Temporary offices and IT systems can be installed in days, I've done it myself for major construction works so that part is no issue to me. The major problem is hard standing and if they don't get that finished the local roads will become mud baths.
IT hardware can be installed in days - but the software doesn't exist in any usuable form. Currently the government systems aren't available for us to test with (because they don't work) and current projections don't have them ready for January 1st. Also we still don't know exactly what information is needed for all of the interfaces we need with the various systems. We're 'best guessing' a lot of stuff at the moment so there's going to need to be rework when we actually find out what's required.