View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2020, 08:04 (Ref:4024065)   #121
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I never enter into the this era was better than that discussions or these cars were better than those precisely for this reason. As said in the very first sentence of the very first post, for me this is not about nostalgia, it's about what tool is best for the job. The nostalgia card is pulled by the people like Toto Wolff who want to defend the status quo. To me the fact that atmospheric V10/V12 sound better is at the very bottom of the reasons why I think they are the best tool for the job. I won't repeat the other reasons, because I have done that too much already in this thread. I'll just repeat the main point: Any tech lessons learned from a 2025 hybrid engine formula would hit the road in 2029 at the earliest (more likely never). By then motorized personal transport sales will have split between electric and cheap atmospheric ICE. So by then hybrids will be less relevant, will be unnecessarily heavy, expensive and complex and yes, they will sound worse as well. Therefore, in my book, they are not the right tool for the job unless perhaps when putting a "greenish spin" on sticking onto a, by then, out of date tech like hybrids is your main concern.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.