View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2020, 12:43 (Ref:4025609)   #3413
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Gordon, my interpretation of it is that if you permanently reside in an EU country and are in receipt of S1 benefits (in the case of Spain), i.e. you receive an UK pension and are eligible for healthcare cover in that country, then you can apply for the new EHIC card that will run from 01/01/21.

I believe that it is part of the reciprocal agreement that covers EU citizens who currently reside in the UK.

Gordon, my understanding of the latest update, as linked by Peter, is still the same as above. That is, if you are a pensioner permanently residing in the EU and, in the case of Spain, are in receipt of S1 (that is health benefits) then you will be eligible to apply for a new EHIC card.