View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4026241)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy New Year everyone.

Hopefully after so long adjusting, like it or not, in 2020, whatever 2021 might bring will be easier to adapt to eveoun if no more welcome.

Baub, your photo, whilst possibly a welcome reference for avoidance identification for some, suggests that your thumbnail snap would, by and large, still provide adequate ID. That's not always the case IMO.

Meanwhile I am grateful to my local council which auto renewed my bus pass without any demands for new paperwork or an up to date photo.

I did wonder whether the pandemic might, in part, be supported by councils as a means of persuading people not to travel and thus not use their free pass.

From here the idea of taking a bus into one of two places has some appeal given services every 20 mins during the day and regular runs at night too. Include the saving in fuel and parking and the concept makes sense.

However, by the time any "normality" returns there may be precious little left to make it worth heading into the Cities anyway.

The convenience of the bus service for late night partying without any risk of drink driving or huge taxi fares (due to the availability of the bus service rather than the Bus Card of course) that was pointed out to me by someone several years ago no longer seems much of a benefit. In part that would be because nowhere is open and choice will likely be much reduced in the future but mainly because age makes the idea seem less and less appropriate. Also I can't think of too many pals locally who would still be up for a pub crawl. I'm not sure I would be either.