Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4027014)   #1298
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
All great but the current restrictions only don’t apply to working, and marshalling isn’t that so the point is that under the new laws you couldn’t leave home to do it.

Unless it was accepted as “work” which maybe could bring in all sorts of issues, although I’m not sure.
I read the Government explanation about whet we can & cannot do during this new lockdown, here is what I think is the important bit that makes me believe that you would be allowed to leave home to do it as a volunteer:
"You must not leave or be outside of your home except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’. This will be put in law. The police can take action against you if you leave home without a ‘reasonable excuse’, and issue you with a fine (Fixed Penalty Notice).

You can be given a Fixed Penalty Notice of £200 for the first offence, doubling for further offences up to a maximum of £6,400.

A ‘reasonable excuse’ includes:

Work - you can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home, including but not limited to people who work within critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing that require in-person attendance
Volunteering - you can also leave home to provide voluntary or charitable services."

The full article is available here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...can-leave-home