View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2021, 23:29 (Ref:4030358)   #115
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My personal opinion, based on nothing grander than gut feeling, is that this is all going to turn out to be a storm in a teacup.

I think the novelty of checking carnets, paperwork, and looking in the back of everyone's van to see it all matches will soon fizzle out. At the end of the day, once they've 'made their point' by making things tricky for a while, who the hell's gonna be interested in checking to make sure that you're bringing back all the spanners you went out with? Or that you haven't left a set of wheels behind that you had when you left? Does anyone really see them checking VIN or ID numbers on race cars to make sure you're returning with the same car with which you left?

If it's obvious to them that you're moving stuff commercially, then that's another ball game, of course, but for those of us who are plainly just taking our car to a race in Europe as a hobby, I really cannot see them being arsed after the initial 'rubbing our noses in it for leaving' period.

The deal is for no tariffs as I understand it, so what's the point? I just don't see it happening in the long term.

Of course, I may well be proved wrong... it is, as I said, just a feeling I have. Only time will tell.