Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I was a child in the 70s.
I bled blue. My bedroom wall was a shrine to a certain bespectacled Canadian gent. I cried when a certain Pee Brock won a race, especially on the Holy Mountain.... yeh i cried a lot.
My user name speaks to the greatest day of my childhood
As a teen my allegiance shifted easily to some Dick and a bloke called Bobby and i had a man crush bromance with a young Glen, son of a legend.... when that beautiful blue car died only laps from the end one october I realised Im not too old to cry still. dammit I still choke up)

In the last 40 odd years i scheduled my personal and social life around the racing calendar. I missed very few races since 1975.And dont you dare schedule anything that October weekend. But I was a regular at Amaroo and Oran.
i could win Mastermind with ATCC as my subject.

Here we are 2021, Im watching todays practice sessions. I dont care who wins. I wont watch every race this year, but I would watch prams on that hill. Im trying to decide who to go for. I like the colour of the Walky cars, chaz makes me laugh. And you know, last ever year for the name holden. I might go for them. Anyway them pretend mustangs are hideous looking. Betties cars look nice too. Willy B's is not as nice as it was an hour ago

50+ years and now im going for holden in the end. Kinda sad... "this is a sign of the times...."
I could have written this. I was sort of going for Slade and Davison, at least one of them finished yesterday. I don't see much to like with SVG and for whatever reason Waters keeps finding new ways to lose a race.