View Single Post
Old 10 May 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4050896)   #192
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know how many of you follow TCR championships, but this whole Neate story reminds me of the Borkovic one.
Except Dusan is a decent driver and all of his actions are conscious...

Who have no idea about Borkovic, the guy was racing in ETCC and WTCC between 2013-15, than in TCR International in 2016-17, winning the ETCC title in 2015 and having decent results everywhere. He has huge backing from Nis Oil and the Serbian government (or at least the ruling party) and also has ties to the not so legal underground...
He was always tough on the track but nothing special in touring cars until the 2018 TCR Europe season. He had a fairly good shout at the title, but in Monza he got in a fight with Mikel Azcona and his crew (physical fight), blaming the Spanish team that they threatened his pregnant wife. He was just disqualified from the weekend (ulterior to the seasons end) despite knocking out Attila Tassi's car (his former teammate in 2016) in the last round, saying to the Serbian media that if he did it to me a few rounds before, and I don't have any more chances for the title, he should not have either. He got away without any consequences...

In 2019 he had a hard and frustrating season, and got in a fight again at the Austrian round. This time being disqualified from the championship altogether (no one knew the length of his ban).
Last year he returned and won the TCR Eastern Europe title by winning every race (his competition was mehh) and "by a miracle" he is back in TCR Europe again this year... Already showed a bit of aggression yesterday in the second race, but nothing special on a Borkovic scale.

Money talks in his case too, with a bit of political and underground relations. At least he is a better driver than Neate, but many have asked for his permanent ban from racing since 2018.