View Single Post
Old 10 May 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4050928)   #197
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
First point: I find it very hard to believe that MB cannot find another driver who is willing to pay decent money for a ride this season.
we're gonna have to agree to disagree about this. i mean, the british gt field is much smaller this year than last and it costs a similarly large amount of money to compete. if people had that much money on standby to pay for a drive they'd be spending it wouldn't they? there's a pretty significant crossover of drivers who have had a go at both, it's a similar market.

far more popular is the lower cost stuff like gt cup, big ginettas, minis, all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
Second point: Neate has displayed anything but a reflection and subsequent improvement from his mistakes.
yeah that's my point. but thanks for mansplaining it i think this particular incident has cemented that, both in our minds and the minds of the stewards. i'm still not convinced whether the negative publicity from being associated with or entertaining a troublemaker of a driver actually exists though. i'm leaning more towards it being the series' job to tell a driver they're no longer welcome rather than a team to drop them. but that's a seriously big move on a scale we don't really see in british motorsport at any level.

did anybody notice that in the autosport piece about turkington admitting he'd dropped the ball it mentions that:
Quote:
Neate initially reported a suspected sticking throttle
which is yet another different story. the memes write themselves.