View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4071209)   #421
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall I thought that it was a pretty good event.
Only really went to see the GTWC practice and races and other than the shunt at the end of Race 1, I thought the standard of driving was significantly better than in previous years. was a shame that the Mod saloon race was canned as really wanted to see 'Baby Bertha' race again - took me back many years with the late, great Gerry Marshall driving! I also had to leave before the 'second' race
Ben Barnicote in race one was outstanding, great move to take the lead and then just waved good buy to everybody else - it would have been interesting to see him up against Marcello though - two of the outstanding drivers in GT at the moment.
Good to see Ollie Wilkinson walk away from the big one - can imagine that he was a tad annoyed with Marcello after that.
With regards to costs, yes, it was a bit excessive for just the GTWC and what amounted to a club meeting - would have been good to see the Euro GT4 on the bill again - but, having said that, the facilities at Brands have improved no end over the years under MSV - toilets still clean at the end of Sunday etc - and overall the food at the official outlets (Kentagon & Paddock at the bottom of the hill) whilst not cheap were of good quality.
However, they got a bit caught out with the number of additional mobile outlets as there were huge queues forming at the units behind the grandstands - really could have done with a few more.

Overall, enjoyable day out, frustrated still by the placing and design of the 'new' debis fencing around the GP loop but just good to get out, take some images of the latest GT3s and hear the thunder of the Bentley probably for the last time.