View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4071761)   #436
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am still sore with Brands for ruining the GP circuit with high fencing (yeah, I know, I should have let that go by now!), but I still really enjoyed the day.

Obviously disappointing to lose one of the Modsport races. With the delay I was hoping they might cut a little off some of the 40 minute support races to fit everything in but, given that the Modsports had two races on the day and everyone else had one, I guess that was fairest way to do it.

Honestly couldn't care less about the cancellation of the lunch time demos. Previous demos at the Blancpain rounds usually featured nice cars being gingerly driven around which is a nice distraction while stuffing my face, but no substitute for racing.

Bought tickets for Sunday online (at £25) and, even with the restricted timetable, I certainly didn't feel cheated with the racing we got. I always used to avoid the MSV food stands, but I favour them over the vans now. Burger, fried spuds and a drink for just under a tenner which is seems to be pretty cheap for circuit/show food these days.

Agree that the GT3 cars are pretty sizeable and passing obviously isn't easy at Brands, but both races gave us close finishes and a few good mid-field battles. Was at Hawthornes during the first race and Wilkinson really had his hands full when he came past on the last racing lap. My mate and I both said that is going to end badly and 15 seconds later he was in the trees. Didn't see the footage of the crash until later, great to see him out of the car so quickly.

Not the biggest GT3 entry Brands has seen, but still a good variety of cars (and engine notes). I personally think GT3 has been the most consistently interesting tarmac category of the last 10 years.