View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4075113)   #2175
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Scott Morrison:

'I don't see a great deal of difference in skilled workers or students who will be able to come to Australia when you reach those vaccination rates [80%]. Those who are coming for that purpose when it comes to their profession, which is playing cricket, I don't see the difference between that and someone who's coming as a skilled, qualified engineer or someone who's coming to be ready for study.'

What do I read from that? Tennis and F1 will certainly be included in the same bracket as professional cricketers - and arguably the situation is less complex because there is no intra-country travel for F1. The Ashes dates are not really in question, but the locations are dependant on state rules.

Australia's vaccination figures (fully vaccinated) have risen from 10% to nearly 40% in two months, the current trend indicates that the 80% figure will be reached before the England players have to travel in November.

As I see it, the biggest hurdle to F1 (and tennis) is currently in terms of scheduling, and fitting in a quarantine period if still mandatory. Currently the Aus GP is scheduled just two weeks after Saudi Arabia, leaving too short a window for quarantine. Moving it right a week would effectively mean the teams are on the road for the first six weeks of the season, with just a week turnaround between China and Miami.

My prediction would be that either:

A shuffle of the opening rounds, to start the season in Aus.
A shuffle of the October / November rounds, with Aus being scheduled a week before the final round in Abu Dhabi.