View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4076189)   #158
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Not sure where I'm setting up camp yet. I'm thinking near the Esses or possibily near the turn 10a/b area.

I'm driving up from the Jacksonville, Florida area, planning on leaving around 2 or 3 Thursday morning hopefully, if i can get my girlfriend outta bed.

Biggest thing I'm worried about is one of my friend's that coming tends to enjoy smokeable herbal products, and while I don't partake, I don't want to bother anyone elsae at the track that might be nearby and notice. I'm a former cook though and plan on cooking a good bit myself and always share. I usually do a big pot of jambalaya and some sort of fancy brat/sausages
If past years are any indication, you might be getting there a bit late and looking for good space. Hopefully small car and bravery, usually if you can find an in you can get to the inside of the areas above the Esses. BUT they have made more reserved in that lower area and it's a bit slopey at the bottom. We are above that just about even with the entry of Turn 4, it gets crowded quick. I'm in fairly early in the week and can keep an eye for ya and possibly guide you to any open spots if I catch ya on. Late morning to mid-day Thursday might not be too bad.

One of the other members here camps by Turn 10 and can give you more guidance on that side of the track but they have made some changes over that way. We heard a few angry Turn 10 long term campers last year when they were kicked out so I don't know.

As for the other stuff burning, well concern might not be so needed there.

I'm not a professional cook by any means, I also would be the grumpiest, wtf do you want cook on the planet and cooks generally aren't the happiest bunch of folks so..... But I do bring a fairly stocked kitchen myself, shut up field it's only fairly stocked compared to home for some of us, and do a fair bit of cooking. Bringing my new pellet grill toy and maybe ribs and brisket if I'm feeling flush.