View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4079080)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It's a bit of a moot point anyhow. Replacing Butcher with Cook in your original post, mathematically he could still win it but only if he took maximum possible points and everyone above him scored nothing.

The best anyone has done this year has been a 50-point weekend - Turkington at Snetterton and Butcher at Thruxton. Anything over 40 points would be considered an exceptional weekend.

Turkington has averaged 31.5 points per weekend so far, so a typical weekend for him would see him match barely Sutton's current score. Unless Sutton destroys the car in FP/Q and has to sit out the weekend I don't see that anyone else has a realistic chance.
I agree that the chasing pack are long shots to overhaul Sutton. But - rain at Brands on finals day.......