View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4080172)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think of influence with the mediums call was that pre race I heard Sergio only had one set of new hards available whereas others (including Max) had 2 (new) sets available. So it was always going to be 2 sets of mediums in Sergio's race, but obviously the timing of when to use the second set of mediums was flexible between second and last stint.
had Perez fitted the hards at his first stop, could he have made it to the end i wonder? surely the hards could have lasted longer then Max or LH had used them for?

RB's willingness to implement 2 different weekend programs and race strategies for their drivers is a direct challenge to Merc's rules of engagement. obviously Merc need VB to do more to break things up at the front/give them some more options.

bit of a side thought...

of course they still have the lead in the constructors, but i do wonder that with the budget cap in place, it is surely not as important to win the constructors. rather with a smaller budget does the prize drop from 1st to 2nd matter as much?

maybe even be to the point where the marketing benefits of winning the drivers title while losing the constructors outweighs the decrease in prize revenue?