View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2021, 21:36 (Ref:4080485)   #5772
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I did a little looking around about other drivers that came to mind. I was surprised to see that Peter Revson actually competed in F1 before he came into prominence in Can Am and USAC. Teo Fabi is a similar case. While I would have thought that he went to F1 after his first season (1983) with Forsythe in CART (where he had pole at Indy and won four races) - he actually ran most of the 1982 F1 season with Toleman. I think of Teo as the dominate driver in the 1981 Can Am, but he finished 2nd in points to Geoff Brabham despite having 4 wins to Geoff's two.
Cristiano Da Matta was perhaps the last Indycar guy to do ok in F1. Didn't he even lead the 03 British GP in the Toyota for a few laps?? Think he got a rough deal from Cologne overall.

Bourdais showed flashes with Toro Rosso but has accidents and a lot of bad luck.