View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4086042)   #37
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just read confirmation that the S5000's are not running at full power this weekend. A shame that we will not see them at their best, but the ruling in an FIA one aligned to the circuit FIA grade.

They have been electronically limited to reduce power from their usual c.560bhp.
The change was in order to meet a weight/power ratio for an FIA Grade 3 circuit, as Mount Panorama is.

Full story. https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/30...-for-bathurst/
I must say that I struggle to understand this. I don't think that there are currently any circuits in Australia higher than FIA grade 3 - so the described power cut should be in place at all Australian circuits.

I can't help the feeling that the adjustment should have happened much earlier but the focus on it was sharpened due to them running at Bathurst. For some time now, single-seaters have been permitted to run at Bathurst on a case-by-case basis, rather than having open slather.