View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4089384)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Whether the fans, sponsors or competitors buy it or not I don’t know, but i feel like given the last two years, TCR needs to almost adopt a “year one” strategy for 2022, and perhaps they are. S5000 possibly needs to as well.

Focus on the east coast, perhaps spreading the calendar out will allow the grid to build over the year, no enduro’s etc… after two years of lost momentum, they need a season to get their feet again I think. Whether time permits though?
Both TCR and S5000 definitely need to do that - 2022 is a new start for both, after any momentum from their initial starts has been lost through virus times.

I don't see them throwing around the large amounts of money that they did during their initial starts and I agree - sticking to East Coast, allowing plenty of prep/turnaround time between races is a way to assist competitors and a "walk before they run" approach that is needed this time.

It is almost inevitable that any series throwing large amounts of money around as a means of starting up is going to suffer a dip when the spending eases back - in some ways covid world has spared ARG from that dip due to the enormous hole covid created.

ARG now can aim to get going in a more conventional way and build a good foundation for their future plans.