View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4091482)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therius94 View Post

The real pictures of 18-inch rims.

The trend of 18-inch rims in open-wheel single-seater formula auto racing now has been grown because of revolutionary. Firestone Firehawk IndyCar Series tires current generation will slowly to end of life after 2022 including current conventional classic wheel rims. I would love of IndyCar Series using 18-inch rims in the future as a reference of road-relevance. The 18-inch wheel rim in motorsport usually used majorly in sports car racing (including endurance) and touring car racing. NASCAR Cup Series also will expected to switch to 18-inch rims as Gen 7 Cup cars officially arrived.

Your opinions?

I haven't read anything that suggests IndyCar will switch to 18'' wheels. However, with everyone else switching and a new chassis coming online in 2024/25, I don't see why the wheel manufacturers would want to make a special case for IndyCar and continue with the current wheel spec. The cost alone, just for one racing series would be hard to justify.