View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4100079)   #2940
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I find it easy to find sympathy for anyone effected by this, irrespective of their job, or anything else about them.
Even if the team had taken the easy dollar beforehand, which I guess is your point.
no dollar is easy though is it, every decision to accept investment is preceded by sanity checks and "what's the alternative?" conversations. ultimately you can find yourself in a situation where you have to take the mid to longer term potential risk for the short to medium term easing of extremely large ballaches alongside any positive benefits an arrangement might have.

i don't believe in calling f1 sport, but i also don't agree that sport should automatically transcend politics and moral and ethical barriers. given that no country is capable or willing to take the risk of returning the favour on putin-claimed territory, it's kind of difficult to know what to do. if anyone thinks it's simple they're vastly underestimating the lunacy being waved around.

that said i think discussion is really important - that's not suggesting that conversation is useless and nobody should express opinions and be open to them.