View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4105249)   #3024
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just think this is quite an ambitious project F1 is doing, it's obvious this Vegas event is going to be for big bucks. I mean F1 hasn't exactly had a great relationship with America, so why do we need 3?
Putting aside the question of three races. I am curious as to what you mean by not having a great "relationship"? Are you talking about the historic lack of interest (when compared to much of the rest of the world)? The fallout from the 2005 USGP (which is now nearly 17 years ago and probably most new US F1 fan don't even know about). Or something else?

Quote:
Really I think Domenicalli needs a change of tact. He seems to be more interested in showbusiness than the actual sport.
This this not what F1 has been doing for decades? Especially driven by Ecclestone during his time at the helm?

Quote:
I just hope we don't see F1 on some streaming service like Disney+. What's fine for one sport is not necessarily fine for another.

I just feel this Vegas event is all wrong and kind of sums up how greedy F1 and Liberty have become. Putting it on streaming services is just driving away more audiences. We'll see if anything good comes of this GP
Am I missing something somewhere? The race was just announced and now it is only available on streaming services like Disney? Is this fact or speculation? I have searched online and can't find any mention anywhere that F1 is changing how they are delivering content?

Richard