Thread: WTCR 2022
View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2022, 17:01 (Ref:4105548)   #71
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Expect 4 cars from Comtoyou but that still makes only 15 cars.
I am very surprised TCR hasn't started going hybrid. Of course ETCR exists, but doesn't seem to have made much of an impact and/or the technology isn't there (affordably) for full grids / longer races yet.

Not that hybridisation would make much difference from a fan view, but really it's only Hyundai and Lynk 'pushing' TCR at the moment(?). It seems the flow of new manufacturers / 'constructors' (like JAS) has slowed. WTCR and TCR Europe grids are dwindling. Of course Covid had an impact but you'd imagine things would've recovered by now.

Toyota project is great, but being based in South America is the car going to make it to Europe and Asia?
Fiat is good news too but been two years of silence, reminds me a lot of the Subaru project where the car wasn't developed enough for anyone to want to race.
New Cupra is great but no news for WTCR this year?
The Alfa must have reached, or be near too, the end of it's run seeing as the road car was discontinued a good few years ago?
Audi have already quit once. New VW cancelled.
Opel getting old too (old gen Astra.)
Renault all gone quiet.
Honda / JAS getting old (or at least feels like it!), hopefully we could get the next gen soon?
Not that many Peugeots left, old gen also.
Funnily enough the TCR site still lists Kia.
Any involvement from Lada is out of the question for a while.
MGs haven't made it out of China.
Mazda project came to nought.

Maybe it's just me, and I do love TCR. But seems we're in danger of grids getting smaller and smaller, and very few current-gen cars being developed.