View Single Post
Old 25 May 2022, 05:06 (Ref:4111222)   #94
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
in truth, i loved the battle and think it speaks well about the future battles this crop of young talent can bring to the table.

what i dont think is good for f1 is when a significantly faster car can be held up by a much slower car. defense is of course important and can be wonderful to watch but the reminder about how much faster the following car has to be in order to affect a pass does challenge my notions of what a 'race' or 'good racing' should be.

no doubt im overstating my point too much but i hope that my meaning comes across.
I have said it before and I might repeat it again, it is all about time, how short braking zones now are in time, how long cars are in a corner, how long they are on a straight etc. Reduce times and the opportunity to gain an advantage is reduced so we then see almost reckless driving because that is what drivers have to do to try and pass another car and frustration on the driver's part builds up until he tries something he normally would not. The manic headlong rush to reduce lap times is the single cause of this problem and it is only going to get worse. Of course those who want to see exciting racing always want to see faster cars but it is a self defeating ideal but carry on.