View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2022, 09:16 (Ref:4116695)   #101
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Not me . Why should I get a kick out of anybody's misfortune or is schadenfreude your thing ? What do you expect the lad to do - retire and get dad to give you the money instead ?

Motor racing is expensive and it always leaves a bitter taste that drivers like Chilton get so much flak. Fans of successful drivers from well off families - Hailwood , Moss , Norris , Seaman - don't seem too troubled about the fact that none of them would have got near a racing car or bike without family help. Crikey , it's only a BTCC drive ,why on earth shouldn't Mr Chilton spend his money how he likes ?
I agree 100%. It's rather a low point for anyone to be happy about someone else's 'misfortune' (or whatever we call it) but I've forgotten how envious people can be.
Anyway, Chilton's had a terrible time recently but still it has to remembered he was not at all a bad driver. Even at BTC he could at least be on a podium a few times and in earlier years was winning races not only in the BTCC but also WTCC. If he was just a rich kid and amateur he wouldn't have accomplished any of that.