View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4117665)   #17
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Not a good idea IMHO. A bit too gimmicky and not what racing is all about. Okay, I get the entertainment factor but I think most of us have already established it's not 'action' at all costs. Such a solution would suggest that it's better to qualify 25th and end up being 13th than getting a pole and win a race from there.
I'm not sure I fully agree with that.

If getting from 25th to 13th is better than a win from pole, is that not the same as getting from 24th to 12th in race 2 and getting a reverse grid pole?

The difference (IMO) is in the points. Getting a pole and taking a win from there in race 1 gives you at least 22 points. You will then probably start the next race from mid-pack, with the chance of more points.

Getting 13th from 25th gives you 3 points and a pole. You still need to convert the pole in the next race.

I think BTCC is already 'gimicky' if you have reverse grids and performance penalties. My solution would allow the removal of both of these.