View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4123256)   #44
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
your kidding me arent you.
first practice was 17c and second practice was 18c
are you trying to tell me that plus one degree in relatively low ambient temps caused the car to go from first to 17th.

his time in first practice would have put him 2nd in second practice and was quicker than he qualified at (and qualfying was only one degree higher than practice)

so i think we can forget the high ambient temps as an excuse for oulton park

At croft he qualified only the seventh fastest msport engines car
and croft was the exact same temps (18c) so we can forget high ambient temps as an excuse there too.
As I've said before, there are many factors that affect performance, and temperature is one of them.

Looking at Q is always difficult to determine what other cars are doing.
Cook's qualifying time at Oulton was only good enough for P10, but would have been P1 in FP1. So they still had the same pace in the car, just that every non M-Sport car had a qualifying map, and Cook had no hybrid.

At Croft, the biggest reason Cook qualified off the pace was that his car was damaged. Not because they had 'lost their way'.