View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4124199)   #65
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Thank you for clarifying . In hindsight , I was a tad rude , and I am happy to apologise .

I was tight lipped about privacy tape it as the appeal of the Classic has always been the access all areas policy , which is a rare privilege . I assume all competitors are aware of this , and while I'm sure the odd hiccup occurs , I have never witnessed one in the many years I've been attending . While it's decent of you to say 'just ask' , the fact is that one did not have to ask anywhere else . The opportunity to wander (very carefully ) among a cornucopia of wonderful machinery is a rare privilege and the primary reason I attend .

I really don't want to have to negotiate access - if I do I will simply stop attending. That isn't 'dog in the manger' but reflects the fact that because of F1 demands , Silverstone is , by a huge margin the worst circuit in the UK to watch racing . The pit and paddock access is the Classic's USP .