View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2022, 17:04 (Ref:4124605)   #1287
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hence that "balance" thing.
Exactly - balance.

We've stepped a long way from 'historic racing', but I guess this thread does that from time to time. I appreciate it's more akin to a fireside chat in a bar.

The problem with those chats sometimes is when the one guy feels he has his audience primed to listen to tales of government conspiracy and media cover ups. Dismissing any counter to their view of his with the notion that we're all being controlled by a higher authority unless we 'wake up to reality'.

The truth is that yes, governments and media apply a certain level of bias to their output to 'influence' the masses. But that doesn't mean we're subject to some Illuminati control experiment.

There are many factors at play in a multifaceted environ that has resulted in the high energy costs of the near future (in a financial sense).
Ukraine, Brexit, Renewables, Asian demand, taxation, climate and many more all play a part. Slating one of those alone in some 'critical thinking' does not mean that you are showing up 'the man'. It just demonstrates an inability to hold a balanced view.