View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2022, 13:22 (Ref:4127661)   #17
Fast_Eddie
Rookie

Fast_Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I note on the programme for this year's Bathurst 1000 they are going to have races for a class called "Heritage Revival"

Does anyone know what this is about?
I do as I am organising it.

The Heritage Revival is a combined historic grid. Currently made up of Groups C,A,N & S on an invited basis.

Group U (Historic Sports Sedans) are a potential inclusion for the future.

It is a showcase of historic categories where the aim is to curate grids on an event by event basis to create on and off track spectator interest, whilst competitors enjoy the experience of running at marquee national events - a max of 3 or 4 per year.

To my knowledge, there has been no “split” in Group C & A ranks. I am a current member of the Association and former director/president for many years. I speak regularly with the current Board and keep them informed of the approach to the Heritage Revival.

Motorsport is unfortunately populated by individuals with a me-me-me attitude who seek to create conflict when something doesn’t go their way, or conflict does not exist.

In this instance, the Heritage Revival at Bathurst is a Group C feature which means that post 87 Group A cars were not invited. I sense this may challenge a vocal minority, the ill informed or the ignorant.

Post Bathurst, should the concept build momentum, the intent is to have a variety of themes, with plans in place for a Group A feature event in 2023.

There was also a query on this thread regarding the Heritage Touring Cars name - explained as follows:

The Group C Touring Car Association was incorporated in around 2001.

Soon after Group A became a historic category, but the company name never changed. Ten years or so later, we worked out it was easier to create a trading name of “Heritage Touring Cars” than to try and change the Association name to the “Group C & A Touring Car Association”.

So the Heritage Touring Cars moniker for C&A has been around for close to ten years. Some historic promoters use it, some don’t.

With regard to the Heritage Revival, other than for the word “Heritage”, the Association and the Revival are unrelated.

Trust this sheds some light on the queries raised in this thread.

As of today, there is a full overview on the Heritage Revival at the 2022 Repco Bathurst 1000 published on the major motorsport online outlets.

Check it out - we hope to bring you all an engaging spectacle of historic touring and sports cars at the Mountain in a little over a week!

Regards, Ed