View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2022, 10:22 (Ref:4138550)   #1800
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Amid the media blitz of grief about Pele and Vivien Westwood, I'm sad to say that I also have to advise that Michael Lindsay, who has been a major presence in the AROC and subsequently ARCA racing circles for more years than I can remember, passed away on Wednesday, having been ill for some time. His knowledge of Alfas and their competitors was pretty well unsurpassed, and race commentators will surely miss his input in years to come. RIP Michael.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Beaten me too it by 5 minutes! It is a very sad loss indeed for the Alfa world. I had known Michael for about 40 years & meeting up with him was always a pleasure. He was the fount of knowledge of all things Alfa, an unsurpassed knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I saw that on FB. Condolences to everyone who knew him, I don't know where the replacements for such long serving characters are coming from.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Yes I'll add my condolences, the loss of another font of knowledge who along with others will be irreplaceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I don't know whether it was posted on here but another sad loss recently and totally out of the blue was Simon Arron the journalist and complete petrolhead.
Yes he suffered a short illness. Again we lose someone who was the ultimate enthusiast. He loved Oulton Park most. IIRC he had a column in Autosport back in the 80s entitled "Arront Nonesense". Always good for paddock gossip.