View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2023, 23:43 (Ref:4139062)   #60
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It has only happened on my company card but never on my personal one. The thing is that just about everything on the company card is related to the motor trade and fuel etc, the one that was questioned was from an electrical wholesale firm for a computer, and I had never bought anything from them with that card before.
I had something similar with a personal card some years ago.

I had used it to pay at a restaurant a few miles from home on Saturday night and the next day got a call from the card company asking if I recognized some recent transactions. The first one was the restaurant, the second a £5 phone credit top-up from that morning, not mine, and the third an £800 or so purchase from John Lewis in Leighton Buzzard - some way from me and clearly a high-value purchase from a time and place that I had not frequented before.

I'd missed the first call from them so assumed I assumed that the opportunity to apprehend the fraudsters had passed. However, a couple of days later the card co rang again and asked what colour car I drove.

It transpired that the deal was an online purchase and at the time I told them it was not one I recognized the Mac had not been collected. The car and people were seen on video later that afternoon when they collected the order.

I have no idea what happened after that except it did not cost me, I had to wait a couple of days for a new card to arrive and JL sent me the included extended warranty paperwork within a day or two.

Very efficient on the warranty stuff. Less so on missing the apparent opportunity to nab the fraud team.