View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4148503)   #82
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Got it.

My point is that in the end... doing it that way (which would work) means that your are imposing a LARGER penalty than you are today if it is served during a tire stop. Which might be OK. I just wanted to point out that it is larger and that there is increasing tiers of penalties with I guess a black flag at the top. And if we roll up ALL time penalties to to be served during a stop and go, then it is increasing the penalty for some infractions. Again, that might be OK, or it might not.

I don't think I am saying anything different than you, just calling out knock on effects or implications of making that change.

Richard

I understand what your saying. Just that if the time penalty was separate, the whole business of whether the jack touching the car constitutes work on the car would never have arisen in the first place. It always seems to me that when a situation like this comes up, F1 makes it overly complicated.

I personally don't like all these penalties in F1 and how they are administered. Alonso's left front was just outside the grid box but did he gain an advantage? I don't think so. Then there was the amount of time it took for the FIA to inform Alonso of the second penalty. I find the whole thing detracts from the sport.