View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2023, 04:35 (Ref:4150811)   #2223
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
Interesting considering toyota don't offer a 2.0 turbo in any of its cars so would like to know where they've plucked that from.
There is a 2.0 turbo engine in the Lexus IS200T, the Toyota 8AR-FTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I was led to believe that running a TCR car is more expensive than a BTCC car, but maybe that's a falsehood? Can anyone fact check me?
How is that possible?

Most of the TCRs use a standard road car engine, so about $7500 USD buys a complete motor. I guess it depends on what the service or replacement intervals are for the racing parts on the car like the transmission, control arms, dampers, brakes, fuel pump etc between the two classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I guess the issue of the TCR cars is the build cost, do they cost more to build or require a different toolset build setup than what BTCC teams have?
As stated, they have a fixed cost. Repairing the cars is like repairing a road car. The TCR use either standard or very slightly reinforced road car subframes on the front end which bolt up under the standard road car chassis rails (whereas obviously NGTC used the fabricated front and rear subframes).

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 8 Apr 2023 at 04:53.