View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4151463)   #9085
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Some additional good info on the porsche development from DSC:

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...ticipated.html
Maybe this means that in the future when the class stabilizes we could see more customer cars, but personally, I don't anticipate anywhere near the kind of customer numbers you saw during Group C. If anything, it has become apparent to me after watching the various videos by Marshall Pruett/IMSA explaining the new cars that even if economies of scale eventually trim down acquisition costs, running & optimizing LMDh cars is a significant financial & technical undertaking probably only achievable by the very top privateer teams with some level of manufacturer support. In this regard, the performances of Jota & Proton will serve as significant canary in the coalmine moments (I don't have as high of expectations for JDC-Miller, sadly).

Perhaps once a few years have elapsed the manufacturers who are left standing will move to a factory-supported partner model like what HPD does in IMSA with MSR & WTR rather than running branded in-house programs.