View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4151603)   #42
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Post Simon Gillett , it has become an awful place to spectate, with the track bloody miles away at Redgate and Old Hairpin, compared to its early years. MSV are doing their best , but it is no Brands Hatch .
We very nearly didn't have a circuit - there was a very real risk of it being bulldozed entirely and turned into site full of warehouses.
The changes that have moved things back have been as a response to some particularly bad accidents. It can't be made 100% safe, no circuit can, but it's a lot better now than it was when Gillett's digger adventure fell apart.

That said, it still amazes me that I no longer need to take bin bags on post with me. One very visible thing that MSV did was install bins. Everywhere!