View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4153060)   #228
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Yea the guys starting on slicks in race 2, I really don’t get that decision. It was obvious that it was going to be wet and with the airport nearby even more so with the slippy aviation residue. I was practically screaming at the TV to come in for wets.
A few years ago can’t remember exactly which year, I was watching behind the Brands Pits, the Cars were on grid with the Grid walk going on , I am unfortunately bereft of hair so have a good rain monitor , I could feel the rain on my head so I said to James the Team Manager of TD that I could feel the rain and Dan might need a wet , the answer was we will see what our competitors are doing and that is the line also taken by the TM of Motorbase , most of the guys who you might consider to be in the Championship fight (no disrespect to anyone ) were on slicks , if anyone of those 7-8 guys had gone wets it would have triggered the others . Not fashionable , Not rocket science but two TM I have known in BTCC made same reasoned call , for what it is worth Dan knew he was done on the lap to the start , his mistake was not pitting soon enough to allow him to come through and get in the balls , pitted one lap too late, you can’t really chance to luck which is what we eventually had. Think Dan has done 118 races so pretty experienced but not in the plus 200 club of a lot of the other guys so this was good experience and not one to forget .
Onto BH.