Old 16 May 2023, 05:13 (Ref:4156336)   #6
High_OCTANE_HSV
Rookie

Australia
High_OCTANE_HSV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
What is going on with TA2?

A terrific class but it seems to be becoming Formula Mustang.

At last weekend's National Title round there were 11 Mustangs, 6 Camaros and NO Dodge Challengers.

So 65% of the field was Mustangs.

Why no Challengers?

I am a great Challenger fan from way back and well remember Sam Posey in the beautiful green Changer number 77.

Should there be a limit of how many of one car type be in a race?
The Challengers are outdated, they still use a fibreglass body whereas the Camaro and Mustang use a carbon fibre body. Might stem from the fact that the Americans don't race them anymore and as such there's no support for them. I know you can go to Five Star Bodies (who make a lot of the bodies for the US TA2 cars) and they only offer Camaro and Mustang bodies. I might be wrong but I'm fairly certain that would be a big reason.

I don't think there should be a limit on how many cars from one manufacturer should race - I believe everyone chooses their body for a reason. I mean at the end of the day the cars are completley identical apart from the carbon body on top so I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe a lot of ex-Holden fans who are racing would rather drive a Mustang than the offering from the company who buried their beloved product.